How to connect your domain to Blogger
Want to connect your Porkbun domain to your Blogger account? No problem!
According to this article from Google (here), you'll need to create two CNAME record to connect your domain. You'll need to decide ahead of time whether or not you'll want to use a custom subdomain (subdomain.goosehollow.design) instead of "www" (www.goosehollow.design).
Let's get started!
Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you already logged in, click on ACCOUNT in the top-right corner, then select Domain Management.
Click the drop-down list to the far right of your domain. Then click the "Edit" option next to DNS records.
On the Manage DNS Records screen, scroll down and locate any A, ALIAS, or CNAME records that are currently pointing at the wrong web server. Click the trash can icons to the right of the bad records to remove them
- Enter the first CNAME record. This will either be a subdomain, or "www".
- Host: subdomain or "www"
- Answer: ghs.googlehosted.com
- Enter the second CNAME record. The Host should be the same, and the Answer will be custom to your Blogger account.
- OPTIONAL STEP: If you'd like your site to resolve to the root domain (your domain without the "www") instead, you can add A records for your domain. To do this, change the DNS record Type from "CNAME" to "A - Address Record". Then, add 4 A records with the following information:
- Host: leave this field blank.
That's it! You should now be connected to Blogger. You'll need to wait at least an hour for the DNS records to update.