How to set up your email address in Microsoft Outlook for MacOS
Want to be able to send and receive email at your Porkbun-hosted email address? If you're a Mac user and you're using Microsoft Outlook for Mac*, here's how:
- Set up a hosted email address.
- Open Outlook. From the Outlook menu, select "Preferences."
- In the "Outlook Preferences" panel select "Accounts."
At the lower right corner of the Accounts panel click the Plus + icon and select "New Account."
- On the "Set Up Your Email" screen, type in your Porkbun email address and click "Continue".
Outlook will think for a moment and then display "Sorry! We couldn't find a match." Select the IMAP/POP icon to continue to the manual setup screen.
Here you'll need to specify some additional settings manually:
- Type should default to IMAP.
- Email address and Username are both the full Email Address.
- Enter the password you created.
- Incoming Mail server is imap.porkbun.com
- Port: 993, Check "Use SSL to connect."
- Outgoing Mail server is smtp.porkbun.com
- Port: 587, Check "Use SSL to connect."
Click "Add Account."
- Click the "Done" button to complete the setup.
That's it! Outlook for macOS is now configured to send and receive from your custom email address.
*These instructions were made using Microsoft Outlook 2019. While these settings should work for older versions, the interface may look different from the screenshots we provide here.