How to create an SRV record
An SRV record provides information about web-based services and is most commonly used for SIP services and Minecraft. SRV records use a special naming scheme that includes the service, the protocol, and the name of the domain.
Example: _sip._tcp.goosehollow.design. would be the SRV record for SIP requests for “goosehollow.design”.
Creating an SRV record on Porkbun
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click on ACCOUNT in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Locate your domain and click the drop-down list to the right. On the menu that appears, click the "Edit" option next to "DNS Records".
- On the Manage DNS Records screen, create the SRV record: select SRV for the Type.
- Type: "SRV - Service record"
- Host: Specify the Service and the Protocol (e.g. _sip._tcp)
- Answer: Specify the Weight, Port, and Target (e.g. 5 5060 sip.goosehollow.design)
- Priority: Specify the Priority
- Click the green "Add" button to create the record.
- Repeat the above steps for each SRV record you would like to create.
- Click the X icon in the top right of the popup box to close the "Manage DNS Records" window.
That's it! Your SRV records will begin propagating within five minutes.