How to verify your domain with Google Search Console
Looking to verify your domain with Google Search Console? You're in the right place!
- To start, visit search.google.com/search-console/welcome while signed in to your Google account.
- Enter your domain name in the field on the left for the Domain option and press continue.
- A popup will open displaying a string starting with "google-site-verification." Press on "Copy" at the end of that to copy that string to your clipboard.
- Login to Porkbun.com. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click on ACCOUNT in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Locate your domain and click the "Details" button list to the right. On the menu that appears, click the "Edit" option next to "DNS Records".
- Change the record type to "TXT" and paste the code we copied earlier into the "Answer" field. Click the "Add" button to add the record to DNS.
- After that, head back to Google Search Console and click Verify. If you navigate away, you can enter the domain name in again or just click on "Already started? finish verification" at the bottom of the page to review your previous properties.
Note, if you receive an error message after clicking verify, give it a few minutes for the record to fully populate. Also, note that this will not work if you're not using our nameservers and you'll need to repeat these steps with your third-party hosting provider.