How to filter spam with your Porkbun hosted email
No one likes getting a bunch of spam in their inbox, especially when it's sent in bulk from the same email address.
If you have a Porkbun hosted email address, however, we provide a method to better filter your spam. Through our Webmail client, we have installed a plugin to filter spam emails from certain email addresses as well as emails that contain certain subject lines.
Let's get started!
- Log in to Webmail at webmail.porkbun.com
- In Webmail's interface, select the Settings gear icon on the left-hand side.
In the Settings menu, select Filters.
On the Filters screen, you will see the following options:
- Filter: You can specify whether you want the filter to be from, to, or cc'd a certain sender, have a certain subject line, or is generally marked X-Spam-Status, X-Spam-Status, or X-Yandex-Spam in the headers of the message.
- Contains: This is where you would input the specific email address or subject line you want to block from sending you spam.
- Check folder: Email folder the filter is being implemented.
- Move to: Email folder you will be moving the spam to once detected.
- Messages: Determines if the filter would apply on All, Read, or Unread messages.
- Mark messages: Assigns the spam message as either unread or read.
- Once you have inputted all the rules you want for your filter, select the blue "Save" button at the bottom of the options. The filter will be automatically applied.