How to upload to your Easy PHP hosting via SFTP
When you want to transfer files to a PHP server, SFTP is the way to do it. Porkbun does things a bit differently with our SFTP connection, where we don't use a password on that server but an SSH key instead.
Let's get started!
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click on ACCOUNT in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- In the block of icons next to your domain, click the leftmost icon for your Easy PHP. This should bring you to the Easy PHP page. If you don't see that icon and haven't set up your Easy PHP hosting yet, you can use this guide to set it up.
- On the Easy PHP hosting page, locate the SSH/SFTP section. Click on the green "generate keys" under the User, Password, and Port for your Easy PHP hosting.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you want to generate a public and private key. Select the blue "OK" button to continue.
- On the PRIVATE KEY DOWNLOAD pop-up screen, select the green "download private key" We will not show this message again, so be sure and download your private key to your local desktop. It will show as a ".pem" file.
- Once you have done that, select the pink "Close" button.
- Next, you'll want to open up your FTP client that supports SSH keys, such as FileZilla. Select the feature in your FTP client that stores server connection and login information for the server.
- In FileZilla, this is called the Site Manager and is in the top left corner.
- You will want to establish a new SFTP connection, so it connects with the Easy PHP hosting for your domain. You can select the "New Site" button in FileZilla, which auto-populates a new connection.
- You will want to name the new connection something easy to remember, like SFTP.
Once that is done, you are going to want to configure the Protocol, Host, Port, Logon Type, and User to the following:
- Protocol: SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
- Host: sftp.your domain name
- Port: 9022
- Logon Type: Key file
- User: your domain name
In FileZilla, it should look something like this, only with your domain information:
- Remember that Private Key you downloaded earlier? You're going to want to upload that to your SFTP configurations. In FileZilla, you can browse your local desktop to find the file and upload the .pem file directly.
- If everything is uploaded and configured correctly, you should be able to connect to the SFTP server for Porkbun's Easy PHP. In FileZilla, you can connect this via the blue "Connect" button in the Site Manager.
That's it! You can now upload your PHP files to create an excellent site that is sure to blow people's minds.