How to set up your email address in Mail for macOS
Want to be able to send and receive email at your Porkbun-hosted email address? If you're a Mac user and you're using Apple's official Mail client for macOS, here's how:
Set up a hosted email address.
- Open Mail. On the Mail menu, select Add Account."
On the "Choose a Mail account provider…" window, choose "Other Mail Account…"
On the "Add a Mail account" screen, under Name, enter your name as you want it to appear in the From header of emails you send. Under Email Address, specify your new custom email address. Password is the password you entered when setting up the email address. Click "Sign In."
Mail will think for a moment, and then display a "Unable to verify account name or password" error. You'll need to specify some additional settings:
- User Name is your full email address (not just the part before the @ symbol). It should match the Email Address field.
- Password should already be filled in. If it's not, specify the password from the previous step.
- Account type is IMAP.
- Incoming Mail server is imap.porkbun.com
- Outgoing Mail server is smtp.porkbun.com
Click "Sign In."
- Uncheck "Notes" if you don't want your Porkbun mailbox to be used for Notes. Click Done.
That's it! Mail for macOS is now configured to send and receive as your custom email address.