How to connect your domain to Squarespace
If you already have a site built at Squarespace, you can use our Quick Connect feature to link it to your domain.
Setting up your domain at Squarespace
In order to link your domain to your Squarespace site, you first need to prepare Squarespace for your domain.
- If you don’t already have a Squarespace account, get one at squarespace.com. If you already have an account you can skip this step.
- Log into Squarespace if you haven't already. From the main Squarespace screen, Click the "SETTINGS" link on the left side of the screen.
- Click "Domains"
- Click “USE A DOMAIN I OWN”
- Type your domain under "Use a Third-Party Domain" and select the arrow to the right of the domain you just entered.
- Once you click the arrow, two options will appear below. Locate the "Connect Domain" section and click the arrow inside that section.
- Select a domain provider of "Other" and click "CONNECT DOMAIN."
- A message box will appear. Click "CONTINUE".
- The DNS Settings box will appear. Take special note of the entry under the Host column with a Required Data entry of verify.squarespace.com. This is your verification code. Don't close this browser window! You'll need to refer back to it in a few minutes.
Connecting your domain to Squarespace
Now that you've prepared your domain, it's time to use Quick Connect to link your domain to Squarespace.
Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click on ACCOUNT in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
Locate the domain you wish to update. Click the "Details" button to the far right of your domain, displaying the domain Details area. Then go to the DNS Records section and select "Edit."
On the MANAGE DNS RECORDS pop-up, scroll down till you see our Quick DNS Config section.
- In the Quick DNS Config section, select the "Squarespace" button. A pop-up will appear asking if you are sure you want to reconfigure your domain's DNS records. Select the blue "OK" button to continue.
- You will be redirected to the ADDITIONAL DNS REQUIREMENTS pop-up window. Here's the pivotal moment.
- Under "Verification Code" paste in your verification code from Squarespace's DNS SETTINGS screen in step 9 of the previous section. The subdomain must be the exact verification code given to you by Squarespace.
Select the blue "Submit" button to submit the CNAME record you created.
- A success message will appear, letting you know that we were able to update your DNS records. You should now see your DNS records successfully updated to the Squarespace DNS under Current Records.
- Now, switch back over to Squarespace and select "Refresh."
- All of the "Current Data” should turn green instead of red. If it doesn’t, wait a minute and try again.
That's it! Your domain is now linked to Squarespace and your domain should begin resolving worldwide to your Squarespace site in a few minutes (up to 48 hours in some cases.)