How to connect your domain to Github Pages
Want to link your domain to Github Pages? We can do that!
Preparing Github to receive requests for your custom domain
First up, you need to prepare Github Pages for browser requests for your custom domain. Here's their guide for how to do it:
Connecting your domain to Github
Now that Github is ready for your custom domain, we'll connect it using our Quick Connect feature. Here's how:
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click on ACCOUNT in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- From the Domain Management page, click the Details button for the domain you would like to connect to and click the Manage link under Quick Connect.
- On the next screen, click Github.
- Select "I Have One" to indicate you already have a Github account.
- Then, select "Next Step"
- Finally, enter your Github username and click "Connect Domain" That's it! Your domain is now linked to Github and should begin resolving worldwide in a few minutes (up to 48 hours in some cases.)