How to connect your domain to Playbook (Dribbble)
Want to link your domain to Playbook, Dribbble's instant portfolio service? We can do that!
First up, you need to prepare Playbook for browser requests for your custom domain. According to Dribbble's instructions:
Setting up "www"
To configure your Porkbun domain for requests for www.yourdomain.example, you must configure a CNAME record for "www." Here's how:
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click the menu icon next to ACCOUNT in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Click the drop-down list to the far right of your domain and click the "Edit" option next to DNS Records.
- Add a new CNAME record:
- Type: "CNAME - Canonical name record."
- Host: www
- Answer: YOUR-DRIBBBLE-USERNAME.dribbble.com …where YOUR-DRIBBBLE-USERNAME is your actual username. Click Add.
Setting up your apex domain A record
Great, but what if someone visits your site but leaves out the "www?" You must add an A record to address this scenario. Here's how:
- On the Manage DNS Records screen, scroll down and locate one or more ALIAS or CNAME records that are currently pointing at Porkbun's parking server. Click the trash can icons to the right of the bad records to remove them.
- Scroll up to the top of the Manage DNS Records screen to add an A record.
- Type: "A - Address record"
- Host: (leave it blank)
- Answer: 22.214.171.124 Click Add when finished.
- Click the X icon in the top right of the popup box to close the "Manage DNS Records" window.
That's it! After five minutes or less, browser requests to your domain should start resolving to your Playbook site.