How to connect your domain to Minecraft
Do you have a Minecraft server you'd like to connect your domain to? No problem! Here at Porkbun we make it easy to connect your server with Minecraft so you can worry about more important things like hunting zombies. To get started you'll need to know the IP address and port number of the server and a subdomain to connect with (e.g. play.yourdomain.com).
Creating an A record
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click your username in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Locate your domain and click the drop-down list to the right. On the menu that appears, click the "Edit" option next to "DNS Records".
- On the Manage DNS Records screen, select A - Address record for the Type.
- Specify the subdomain in the Host field (e.g. play).
- Specify the IP address of your Minecraft server in the Answer field.
- Click the "Add" button to create the A record.
- On the Manage DNS Records screen, select SRV - Service record for the Type.
Specify the Service and the Protocol in the Host field (e.g. _minecraft._tcp.play).
Specify the Weight, Port, and Target in the Answer field (e.g. 0 25565 play.yourdomain.com).
- Specify the Priority in the Priority field (e.g. 1).
- Click the "Add" button to create the SRV record.
Creating an SRV record
That's it! You should now be able to connect to your Minecraft server using just the subdomain you've created.