How to set up Easy PHP
We have built a dedicated PHP hosting environment that gives you all the tools you need to create amazing websites using PHP. Within our Easy PHP hosting, you are able to easily switch between PHP versions, upload files securely using SFTP, and even store data via MySQL.
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click on ACCOUNT in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Locate the domain to which you wish to add hosting. To the right of the domain is a block of icons. Click the grey house that is the leftmost in that block.
- On the next screen, click "Continue" under "Easy PHP."
- On the next screen, choose how you would like to be billed. You'll save some money if you choose annual billing. Regardless of the plan that you choose, clicking the "Start Trial" link will automatically begin a 15-day free trial.
Once the Easy PHP Hosting account is created you'll be shown all the details related to your Easy PHP hosting. Here are some things to look out for:
- Site Password: Not ready for users to see your site yet? Enable HTTP authentication so users won't be able to view what you are working on without a site password. By selecting the green "enable" button, you will enable a Site Password so it's no longer viewable to the public.
- PHP Version: Your PHP app only 7.4 compatible? We got you covered by allowing you to switch PHP versions from 8.0 to 7.4 if your app requires it.
- MySQL Database: We grant you access to all things MySQL for your Easy PHP site. Here you can find the Hostname, which provides the location of your MySQL server and database, and the Name of the database itself. Finally, to keep everything secure, we provide the User and Password of your database so you can access tables without the fear of your data being revealed.
- SSH/SFTP: By default, Porkbun allows SFTP access. For SSH access, your account contact information must be valid and your email address and phone number must be verified. This handy guide shows you how to get connected via SFTP.
- Subdomains: You can create up to 10 subdomains in your Easy PHP hosting, to point at other directions in your root directory or even the root directory itself.
That's it! Now you're able to perform all the PHP magic you want, all within a click of a button.
If you have any questions about how the Easy PHP hosting plan works, feel free to contact us via the Help bubble, or send an email to email@example.com.