How to fix your Porkbun hosting DNS
Editing DNS is a tricky business. It’s all too easy to accidentally remove or corrupt important DNS records by accident. If you’ve purchased a web hosting plan from Porkbun, such as our Site Builder or Easy WordPress, altering records related to hosting could mean that your website drops off the Internet. Fortunately, we make it easy to fix.
The easiest way to do this is by using our Fix DNS feature.
- First, make sure that you didn’t recently switch to another company’s nameservers, as this will break Porkbun Hosting. If you did recently assign a third-party nameserver and it broke hosting, switch back to our nameservers. If you haven’t made such a change, move on to step 2.
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click on ACCOUNT in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Locate the domain you want to reset the hosting DNS for. To the right of the domain is a block of icons. Click the green icon under 'Website' and go to your web hosting page. In this example, we have Easy WordPress hosting on the domain.
- On your web hosting page, scroll all the way down to the bottom where you will see a blue section that says 'Fix DNS'. Select that blue button "Fix DNS" button and then the blue "OK" button to configure the domain with our hosting DNS records.
- Wait a couple of minutes and see if the issue with your website displaying resolves. If it doesn't, feel free to reach out to email@example.com and our support team can investigate further.