How to set up your email address in Mail for iPhone or iPad
Want to be able to send and receive emails at your Porkbun-hosted email address? If you're an iPhone or iPad user and you're using Apple's official Mail client for iOS, here's how to do so:
- Create a Porkbun hosted email address using your domain.
- On your Apple device, open up the Settings app, scroll down, and tap on "Mail."
- On the Mail page, select "Accounts."
- This will direct you to the Accounts page in the Mail app. On the Accounts page, select "Add Account".
- This will take you to the Add Account page. To add your Porkbun hosted email address, you will want to tap the "Other" option.
- You'll be directed to an Add Account page. Under the MAIL section, tap "Add Mail Account."
On the "New Account" screen, you'll want to enter the following:
- Name: Enter your name as you want it to appear in the From header of emails you send
- Email: Your new Porkbun hosted email address
- Password: This will be the password you created when you set up your hosted email address. Don't remember your hosted email password? You can use this guide to reset it.
- Description: This is optional, but you can enter a description you want for your hosted email address
Once you are sure you have entered all the correct details, tap "Next" in the upper right corner to continue.
- You'll need to configure the IMAP and SMTP settings so your hosted email address can send and receive from your iPhone or iPad.
On the IMAP tab, under the INCOMING MAIL SERVER section, enter the following:
- Host Name: imap.porkbun.com
- User Name: Your full hosted email address (not just the part before the @ symbol).
- Password: The password should already be filled in. If it's not, specify the password from the previous step.
Next, scroll down to the OUTGOING MAIL SERVER section and enter the following:
- Host Name: smtp.porkbun.com
- User Name: Your full email address (not just the part before the @ symbol).
- Password: Your hosted email password.
- After confirming that all the details you entered are correct, tap the blue "Next" in the top right of the screen.
- Optionally, you can tell Mail to use this email address to save Notes. Otherwise, tap "Save."
That's it! Mail for iOS is now configured to send and receive as your Porkbun hosted email address. Now when you go to your Mail app on your iOS device, you should see the inbox added.