How to set up your email address in Mail for iPhone or iPad
Want to be able to send and receive emails at your Porkbun-hosted email address? If you're an iPhone or iPad user and you're using Apple's official Mail client for iOS, here's how:
Create an email address using your domain.
On your Apple device, open up “Settings,” scroll down, and tap on “Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
- Tap "Add Account."
- On the "Add Account" screen, tap "Other."
- Tap "Add Mail Account."
- On the "New Account" screen, under Name, enter your name as you want it to appear in the From header of emails you send. Under Email, specify your new custom email address. Password is the password you entered when setting up the email address. You can optionally add a Description. Click "Next."
- You'll need to specify some additional settings.
Under Incoming Mail Server:
- Host Name is imap.porkbun.com
- User Name is your full email address (not just the part before the @ symbol).
- Password should already be filled in. If it's not, specify the password from the previous step.
Under Outgoing Mail Server:
- Host name is smtp.porkbun.com
- User Name is again your full email address (not just the part before the @ symbol).
- Password should already be filled in. If it's not, specify the same password as before.
- You can optionally tell Mail to use this email address to save Notes. Otherwise, tap "Save."
That's it! Mail for iOS is now configured to send and receive as your custom email address.