How to configure your domain for G Suite email
If you're adding a Porkbun-registered domain to Google's G Suite, you'll want to update your domain's MX records to route mail to Google's mail servers.
Only add these records if you want your users to receive mail for this domain in their Gmail inboxes.
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click your username in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Locate the domain you wish to update. Click the drop-down list to the far right of the domain name. Then go to the section labeled "DNS Records" and select "Edit".
Scroll down to see your existing DNS records. If there are any existing MX records (look for "MX" in the leftmost column), delete all of them using the trash can icon.
- Open up the following Google support article in a new window or tab: "Configuring Your MX Records: Other domain hosts."
To add the MX records specified, return to the "DNS Records" tab and scroll up the "configure custom DNS records" area near the top. Here's how to add an MX record:
- Change the Type field to "MX - Mail exchange record".
- Leave the Host field blank.
- Under Answer, specify the entry from the "Mail Server" column in "Configuring Your MX Records: Other domain hosts."
- TTL should be changed to 3600 per Google's instructions.
- Priority should match the Priority column specified in "Configuring Your MX Records: Other domain hosts."
A sample entry would look like this:
Click "Add" to add an MX record.
Repeat the above steps until you've added all five MX records specified by Google. Your MX records are now configured to point to Google. These changes may take up to 48 hours to fully propagate across the Internet, although in most cases the change should be immediate.
Adding a SPF record
To ensure smooth email delivery, there is one final step you should undertake: Add a SPF record.
First, look for and remove any existing TXT records that contain the phrase "spf1"
Then, add one final record:
Change the Type field to TXT
Leave the Host field blank.
Under Answer type: v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all