How to push a domain into another account
Need to push a domain into another account? No problem!
If the domain is changing ownership, you'll typically want to update the registrant contact information to the new owner before pushing the domain.
Preparing your domain for transfer
Next, let’s check to make sure your domain is ready to be transferred.
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click on ACCOUNT in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Find the domain you wish to push into another account. Click "Details" to the far right, then "Push Domain" next to Account Transfer in the grey box that opens below.
- Change the username field from your username to the username you wish to push the domain into. You can optionally leave a message to be delivered, for instance if the domain is changing ownership. A common message is: "don't forget to check and update this domain's contacts." For your reference, our instructions about how update a domain's contacts are listed here: http://kb.porkbun.com/article/57-how-to-change-contact-information
Once you're ready to submit the push request, click "Submit."
- The new registrant will receive an email that looks like this:
- They will need to click the "ACCEPT TRANSFER" link within 72 hours to confirm the transfer, or you'll have to start from scratch.