How to push a domain into another account
Need to push a domain into another account? No problem!
Preparing your domain for transfer
Next, let’s check to make sure your domain is ready to be transferred.
- Update the contact information for the domain to reflect the new registrant, if applicable. The push process will not automatically update the domain contact information, so you must change it before, or the new registrant must change it immediately after or your contact information will still be associated with the domain.
To change it, first log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click your username in the top-right corner and select Domain Management. Locate your domain. To the right of the domain, find and click the gear icon. Select “Contacts.”
Once your info is current, click Submit to apply your changes and return to Domain Management.
- Initiate the push. To the right of your domain, click the gear icon. Select "Account Transfer."
- Change the username field from your username to the username you wish to push the domain to. You can optionally write a message under "A message." If you didn't already update the contact information for the domain, you should probably include a reminder for the new registrant to update the contact info for the domain. Our article with step-by-step instructions is located here: http://kb.porkbun.com/article/57-how-to-change-contact-information
Once you're ready to submit the push request, click "Submit."
- The new registrant will receive an email that looks like this:
- They will need to click the "ACCEPT TRANSFER" link within 72 hours to confirm the transfer, or you'll have to start from scratch.