How to set up Static Hosting
If you need to host static content such as HTML, CSS, JS, etc; our blazing fast static hosting service is a perfect affordable solution for your needs. Static hosting is great for simple websites, content that changes infrequently, or custom built HTML sites. Here's how to get started:
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click your username in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Locate the domain to which you wish to add hosting. To the right of the domain is a block of icons. Click the grey house that is the leftmost in that block.
- On the next screen, click "Continue" under "Static Hosting."
- On the next screen, choose how you would like to be billed. You'll save a some money if you choose annual billing. Regardless of the plan you choose, clicking the "Start Trial" link will automatically begin a 15 day free trial.
- Once the Static Hosting account is created you'll be shown a page with FTP credentials. You can use these to access the hosting account via an FTP client. Click the "eye" icon to reveal the randomly generated password, or specify your own password and click the "Change" button. Alternatively, you may package your site files in a zip file and use the "Upload Zip File" button to upload it to your site. You can also use the simple editor to upload your files as well. Additionally, this article will help you connect your Static Hosting to Github: https://kb.porkbun.com/article/145-how-to-connect-static-hosting-to-github
- You can also use the "Rewrite URL" function to rewrite all traffic to your site to a specified file, "/index.html" for example. This can be useful for Angular, React and other apps. Please note that this is not URL forwarding, this is an internal rewrite. You can also point up to 10 subdomains to other directories in your root directory or the root directory itself.
- You may also set a site password, change your billing options, and cancel the hosting service from this page. We will attempt to auto bill the credit card on file for the account a couple days before the expiration date shown. If you do not have a credit card on file and would prefer to manually renew the account, you may do so with the "renew now" button.
That's it! Your Static Hosting account is now active. If you have any questions about how the Static Hosting plan works, feel free to contact us via the Help bubble, or send an email to email@example.com.