How to set up traditional (cPanel) web hosting
Porkbun offers web hosting billed monthly or yearly. Utilizing the cPanel interface, you can update your site via FTP or use Softaculous to easily install common web applications such as Wordpress. Here's how to get started:
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click your username in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Locate the domain to which you wish to add hosting. To the right of the domain is a block of icons. Click the grey house that is the leftmost in that block
- On the next screen, click "Continue" under "cPanel."
On the next screen, choose how you would like to be billed. You'll save a some money if you choose annual billing.
- Hosting will be added to your cart. Click "Continue to Billing" to continue:
- The grey house icon will be replaced by a green "cPanel" icon: Click cPanel to access your hosting control panel or to automatically install software such as Wordpress using Softaculous.
- Want to upload via FTP? Here's how: How to update your Porkbun-hosted website via FTP