How to connect your domain to Wordpress.com
Want to link your domain to your Wordpress.com site? We can do that!
Before we begin, you will need to purchase a Wordpress.com plan at this link.
- After choosing a plan, you'll be prompted to select a domain name, instead, click the link for "Already own a domain?"
- From the next page, you'll want to select the option to Map your domain.
- On the next page, type your domain name without the www and click add. After that, you'll be taken to a checkout page where you can pay for your Wordpress.com subscription and move on to connecting your domain from our site.
You will now need to change your nameservers to point to those provided by Wordpress.com.
Are you using our email forwarding or hosted email services? Changing your nameservers will cause your email service to stop working until you've set up our MX records with Wordpress. You can do that by following this article.
Changing your domain's nameservers to Wordpress.com
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click on ACCOUNT in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Locate the domain you wish to update. Click the "Details" drop-down list to the far right of the domain name and locate the "Authoritative Nameservers" field. Then select "Edit".
- A pop-up window should appear with your current nameservers. This list specifies which DNS servers will be queried when a user looks up your domain. If you’ve never changed this setting before, the list is pre-populated with Porkbun’s nameservers.
Remove all of the existing entries and add the following one line at a time:
Click the “Submit” button to save your changes.
That's it! Your domain is now connected to your Wordpress.com site.
Changes to your authoritative nameservers will take up to 48 hours to propagate worldwide. In practice, most places will see the change within a few hours. To track nameserver propagation, you can use a free service like www.whatsmydns.net and select NS as the record type.