How to set up a hosted email account
Want to create an email using your domain to send and receive? At Porkbun it's easy.
- Log in. You should arrive at the Domain Management screen. If you're already logged in, click on ACCOUNT in the top-right corner and select Domain Management.
- Open up your Porkbun email settings from the domain management console by clicking on the envelope icon next to the domain for which you would like to set up hosted email.
- All newly registered domains at Porkbun come with a three-month free trial of email hosting. To activate your free trial, click the "Configure" button next to the "Free Trial" in the "Pending Setup" section under Option 1: Email Hosting.
- You may use the "Add Email Account" button at the bottom to add additional accounts beyond the free trial. Additional hosted inboxes bill at $24 per year. The free trial will auto-renew for $24 upon its expiration date.
- On the next screen, type in the email address you’d like for your domain, then a password for that email address.
- Don’t forget! You'll need it for when you're configuring your email client. Click "Create Email Address" to add the account.
That's it! You can now access this using our webmail interface at webmail.porkbun.com or you can configure an email client such as Gmail or Outlook to send and receive as your new address.
The following settings can be used to configure most email clients. Be sure to use your entire email address as your username while configuring your email client: