How to register a domain at Porkbun
Porkbun is an amazingly awesome ICANN-accredited registrar based out of the Pacific Northwest. We typically offer our top-level domains with little to no markup, so you can get the best deal possible. Every domain registration at Porkbun includes the following:
- Free DNS Management
- Up to 20 free email forwards
- SSL Generation
- WHOIS Privacy
- Dejigamaflipper (it's always good to flip your domain every six months, or so we're told)*
If all of that sounds good to you, then it's time to register your perfect new domain name!
- Create a Porkbun account. You will be required to provide valid information for your account. You can mask this information for most domains with our freely available WHOIS privacy service.
- Once you have entirely created your Porkbun account, log in. You should arrive at our Domain Products page.
- In the bar under SEARCH FOR YOUR NEW DOMAIN NAME, enter the domain you want to register.
Alternatively, if you have multiple domains you wish to search for, you can select the bulk search option to the right of the bar and enter multiple domains in the text area.
You can search for a maximum of 100 domains and add all available ones to your cart.
Once you have entered the domain name(s), select the pink magnifying glass icon in the search box. Wait a couple of seconds as we whiz around the internet to see if the domain is available.
You'll be redirected to a search page that will display if your domain is available or not. The page will also show other domain extensions that might be a good fit.
- If you see the domain is available, select the pink "+" sign to the right of the domain to add it to your cart.
- Once the domain is successfully added to your cart, click the "Checkout" button that appears to the left of the plus sign. This action will redirect you to the checkout page.
- Select the blue "Continue to Billing" button to complete your order.
That's it! Now you have a brand new domain registered in your account. You can use this guide to get an idea of how our Domain Management page works or this guide to see the domain details area, where you can change nameservers, edit DNS, and even renew your domain.
*Please note that the djigamaflipper is not a real feature, and we are just joking. We like to have a little fun around here.