Domain Details area explained
The most advanced things you will do for your domain will be in the domain Details area. The domain Details can be accessed by clicking the "Details" button to the far right of the domain:
In this guide, we break down each feature of the domain Details area and link to our other Knowledge Base articles related to the feature.
- WEBSITE: Porkbun offers five website hosting options to build the website of your dreams. You can go into your current Porkbun web hosting by clicking the first icon to the right of the domain or in the domain Details area by clicking the Edit link underneath the type of web hosting you have. To see our web hosting options, visit our web hosting products page.
- EMAIL: Porkbun offers hosted email accounts with any domain you register with us. If you want to manage your hosted email account, you can either click the envelope icon to the right of your domain or select the Edit link to the right of the EMAIL section in your domain Details area. For more information about email hosting with Porkbun, you can check out the Email category in our Knowledge Base.
- SSL: SSL certificates allow your websites to be secure, and Porkbun is happy to offer them for free when using our nameservers. The SSL certificate can be seen in the domain Details area, or you can find it with the shield icon to the left of your domain. For more information, on how to use your Porkbun SSL certificate, check out this guide: How to use your free SSL certificate.
- AUTO-RENEW: At Porkbun, our auto-renew feature is automatically turned on, so you don't need to think about it when your domain expires. However, if you want to renew manually, you can use the recycling icon in the block of icons to the right of your domain, as shown in this guide. Alternatively, you can do so within your domain Details area. Just locate the section that says "AUTO RENEW" to either click the Renew Now link or use this guide to turn off/on your auto-renew altogether.
- DOMAIN LOCK: If you want to transfer a domain out of Porkbun, unlocking your domain is the first step. You can click on the lock icon shown in the block of icons to the right of your domain, which will unlock your domain, or you can do so within your domain Details area. Find the DOMAIN LOCK section, and use the toggle to turn your domain lock on or off.
- API ACCESS: For our customers with development skills, we have an API so you can dynamically manage your DNS records. You will have to enable the domain for API access from the domain Details area, by toggling API Access on. You can generate the API Key via the API Access page and read up on how to get started via our API Knowledge Base article.
- WHOIS Privacy: WHOIS is a publicly-searchable database of domain registration information. WHOIS Privacy protects your information from being viewed by the public.
- LABELS: Like the tag icon above and to the right of your domain, you can manage or create new labels to keep your shiny Porkbun domains organized and easily filtered. Just click the Manage link to the right of LABELS, and a pop-up will appear, allowing you to create a new label or manage your current labels.
- MERCHANDISE: Porkbun is proud to offer merch that matches your domain TLD. You can also visit the porkbun.shop to see all the merch we offer.
- DEJIGAMAFLIPPER: Sometimes, you just got to put your domain down, dejigamaflip it, and reverse it.
- DNS RECORDS: If you are using our nameservers and need to manage your DNS records for your domain, you can do so in the domain Details area. Check out our guides: What is DNS? and How do I edit DNS?. Do you have Blogger, Webflow, Big Cartel, Github Pages, or Squarespace web hosting? Porkbun provides a simple way to connect to those hosting services via our Quick DNS Config tool in the DNS Management area. You can also connect to your email hosting provider if you are using Google Workspace or Office 365.
- AUTHORITATIVE NAMESERVERS: If you need to change nameservers to point to your web host or are using your custom nameservers, you can follow this guide for step-by-step instructions on how to change your nameservers in the domain Details area. Additionally, if you want to switch to ours for whatever reason, check out this guide: How to switch to Porkbun's Nameservers.
- URL FORWARDING: Want to forward your domain to another website? If you follow our Knowledge Base article, you can do so simply within your domain Details area.
- GLUE RECORDS: If you are hosting your own custom nameservers and want to use them with your Porkbun domain, you can do so with GLUE records. Check out our guide: How to host your nameservers with GLUE records.
- DNSSEC: DNSSEC strengthens authentication in DNS using digital signatures based on public-key cryptography. While Porkbun's authoritative DNS does not support DNSSEC, we can install the registry-level record for you as provided by your third-party DNS provider, like Cloudflare. Check out our guide on how to install DNSSEC: How to install DNSSEC.
- PARK DOMAIN: If you want to reset your domain to our default DNS records and nameservers, the PARK DOMAIN feature in the domain Details area has you covered. Check out this guide we created on resetting Porkbun's default DNS and point at our parking servers: How to reset DNS and park your domain.
- DOMAIN CONTACTS: For various reasons, it's essential to keep your domain contact information up to date. If you need to change your domain or account contacts for any reason, check out our guide on how to do so: How to change your domain and account contacts.
- REGISTRY CREATE DATE/EXPIRE DATE: In your domain Details area, you can see when the domain was first registered and when it is set to expire.
- STATUSES: EPP status codes indicate the status of a domain name registration. ICANN has a handy webpage about all the statuses and how they affect your domain.
- PASSWORD PROTECTION: Want extra protection on your domain when changing certain features or getting an authorization code? Within the Password Protection section in your domain Details area, you can set a password by selecting the toggle switch "ON." From there, you can create a password that will be required to enter when managing certain aspects of the domain.
- REGISTRAR TRANSFER: Needing to transfer a domain out of Porkbun, and it's been more than 60 days? Besides unlocking the domain, getting an authorization code will be needed for the new registrar. Check out our guide on how to transfer out of Porkbun: How to transfer a domain from Porkbun to another registrar
- ACCOUNT TRANSFER: Have another account with Porkbun or have a buddy with an account you want to give a domain to? We have a solution for that! Our ACCOUNT TRANSFER feature allows you to push a domain from one Porkbun account to another. Check out this guide: How to push a domain into another account.
- DELETE DOMAIN: Sometimes, things don't work out, and you need to delete your domain. In your domain Details area, you can do so by locating the DELETE DOMAIN section and following this guide.
- Domainer Options and Settings Area: You can place your domain for sale via the money symbol ($) icon shown in this guide or in the Domainer Options and Settings area. In addition to setting the price of your domain, you can also set Afternic settings that affect the data we put into the Afternic formatted CSV file that you can download from the "Bulk Actions" menu.