Domain Details area explained
The most advanced things you will be doing for your domain will be done in the domain Details area. The domain Details can be accessed by clicking the "Details" button to the far right of the domain:
In this guide, we break down each feature of the domain Details area and link to our other Knowledge Base articles related to the feature.
- WEBSITE: Porkbun offers 4 website hosting options to build the websites of your dreams. You can go into your current Porkbun web hosting by clicking the first icon to the right of the domain, or in the domain Details by clicking the Edit link underneath the type of web hosting you have. To see our web hosting options, take a look at our hosting page.
- EMAIL: Porkbun offers hosted email accounts with any domain you register with us. If you want to manage your hosted email account, you can do so by either clicking the envelope icon to the right of your domain or click the Edit link to the right of the EMAIL section in your domain Details area. For more information about email hosting with Porkbun, you can check out our Email category in our Knowledge Base.
- SSL: SSL certificates allow your websites to be secure and Porkbun is happy to offer them for free when using our nameservers. The SSL certificate can be seen in the Details area of your domain, or you can find it with the shield icon to the left of your domain. For more information, check out this guide: How to use your free SSL certificate
- AUTO-RENEW: At Porkbun, our auto-renew feature is automatically turned on so you don't need to think about it when your domain expires. However, if you want to renew manually, you can do so either the recycling icon in the block of icons to the right of your domain, as shown in this guide, or you can do so within your domain Details area. Just locate the section that says "AUTO RENEW" to either click the Renew Now link or use this guide here to turn off/on your auto-renew all together.
- DOMAIN LOCK: If you want to transfer a domain out of Porkbun, unlocking your domain is the first step. You can click on the lock icon shown in the block of icons to the right of your domain and this will unlock your domain, or you can do so within your domain Details area. Just find the DOMAIN LOCK section, and use the toggle to turn your domain lock on or off.
- WHOIS Privacy: WHOIS is a publicly-searchable database of domain registration information. WHOIS Privacy protects your information from being viewed by the public. Here is a guide on our newest WHOIS privacy settings: New WHOIS privacy settings explained
- LABELS: Just like the tag icon both above and to the right of your domain, you can manage or create new labels to keep your shiny Porkbun domains organized and easy to filter. Just click the Manage link to the right of LABELS and a pop-up will appear allowing you to create a new label or manage your current labels.
- MERCHANDISE: Porkbun is proud to offer merch that matches your domain TLD. You can also visit porkbun.shop to see all the merch we have to offer.
- DEJIGAMAFLIPPER: Sometimes, you just got to put your domain down, dejigamaflip it, and reverse it.
- DNS RECORDS: If you are using our nameservers and need to manage your DNS records for your domain, you can do so in the domain Details area. Check out our guide: What is DNS and how do I edit it?
- AUTHORITATIVE NAMESERVERS: If you need to change nameservers to point to your web host or are using your own custom nameservers, you can follow this guide for step-by-step instructions on how to change your nameservers in the domain Details area. Additionally, if you want to just switch to ours for whatever reason, check out this guide: How to switch to Porkbun's Nameservers
- CLOUDFLARE: Porkbun offers the ability to enable Cloudflare nameservers, while still being able to manage your DNS records and use our SSL certificate. Cloudflare nameservers are built around monitoring and mitigating large Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
- URL FORWARDING: Want to forward your domain to another website? If you follow our Knowledge Base article, you can do so simply within your domain Details area. We also have a handy guide on how to use the URL forwarder with a subdomain, if you have a specific subdomain you want to forward.
- QUICK CONNECT: Do you have Squarespace, Weebly, or Github Pages web hosting? Porkbun provides a simple way to connect to those hosting services via our Quick Connect tool. Just click the Manage link to the right of QUICK CONNECT and select your web host. From there, it will prompt you to the next steps to connect your Porkbun domain to the web host.
- GLUE RECORDS: If you are hosting your own custom nameservers and want to use them with your Porkbun domain, you can do so with GLUE records. Check out our guide: How to host your own nameservers with GLUE records
- DNSSEC: DNSSEC strengthens authentication in DNS using digital signatures based on public-key cryptography. While Porkbun's authoritative DNS does not support DNSSEC, we can install the registry-level record for you as provided by your third-party DNS provider, like Cloudflare. Check out our guide on how to install DNSSEC: How to install DNSSEC
- PARK DOMAIN: If you want to reset your domain to our default DNS records and nameservers, the PARK DOMAIN feature in the domain Details area has you covered. Check out this guide we created on how to reset to Porkbun's default DNS and point at our parking servers: How to reset DNS and park your domain
- DOMAIN CONTACTS: For various reasons, it's important to keep your domain contact information up to date at all times. If you need to change your domain or account contacts for any reason, check out our guide on how to do so: How to change your domain and account contacts
- REGISTRY CREATE DATE/EXPIRE DATE: In your domain Details area, you can see when the domain was first registered and when it is set to expire.
- STATUSES: EPP status codes indicate the status of a domain name registration. ICANN has a handy webpage about what all the statuses mean and how they affect your domain.
- PASSWORD PROTECTION: Want extra protection on your domain when changing certain features or getting an authorization code? Within the Password Protection section in your domain Details area, you can set a password by selecting the toggle switch "ON." From there you can create a password that will be required to enter when managing certain aspects of the domain.
- REGISTRAR TRANSFER: Needing to transfer a domain out of Porkbun and it's been more than 60 days? Besides unlocking the domain itself, getting an authorization code will be needed for the new registrar. Check out our guide on how to transfer out of Porkbun: How to transfer a domain from Porkbun to another registrar
- ACCOUNT TRANSFER: Have another account with Porkbun or have a buddy with an account you want to give a domain to? We have a solution for that! Our ACCOUNT TRANSFER feature allows you to push a domain from one Porkbun account to another. Check out this guide: How to push a domain into another account
- DELETE DOMAIN: Sometimes, things just don't work out and you need to delete your domain. In your domain Details area, you can do so by locating the DELETE DOMAIN section and following this guide.
- Domainer Options and Settings Area: You can place your domain for sale via the money symbol ($) icon as shown in this guide, or in the Domainer Options and Settings area. In addition to setting the price of your domain, you can also set Afternic settings that affect the data we put into the Afternic formatted CSV file you can download from the "Bulk Actions" menu.